Omaha and the Vert. 8

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue Aug 10 07:16:40 AKDT 2004

Hi Richard:
I saw Quique in the 2001 Nats and that is my "10" reference.  You will need to ask him.  Yes, it looks natural and he was able to preserve the figure 8 shape while doing the half roll.  He started very early.  I think possible the 45 degrees you said is correct.
Yes, I am planing to go to Omaha.  See you there.
Vicente Bortone

Any FAI guys (gals) going to Omaha this weekend? The Vert. 8 with 'integrated' half roll--Local judges vary on when the roll starts and stops. If I start it up at the 45 degree point as shown in a judges guide; I'm having a hard time making it look natural. If I come down just before the tangent, roll with the wings vert. at the tangent and let it fall slightly as the roll is completed, it looks better. I'll keep working on it if we are truly supposed to start way up there--or is that just a REPRESENTATION to denote it's gotta start SOMEWHERE b4 the tangent? To do it the way it's depicted--you are in effect catching the bottom of a knife edge loop and the nose would actually be pointed slightly positive to the horizon. I haven't seen anyone really do it well around here with my limited exposure this year.
Thanks,
Richard