High Plains Championship

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Aug 9 19:35:16 AKDT 2004

And something Ed did NOT mention....the scorer/computer guys were a father/son team that used to fly, but now only do the scoring for the contest.  Besides one or two other guys, this contest was "self-managing".  Ed did a great job of keeping judging assignments flexible, and lines moving, and still managed to fly quite well !!!

There wasn't an impound;  nobody on a "clock"; Ed managed flight orders, and everyone just flew.  It was a great example of a contest almost "running itself" (no slight to the monumental amount of work that we know it takes to CD, Ed !!!), and it was a lot of fun.

Except that it was just too gorgeous.  We're not used to that kind of weather handicap in D6 !!!

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net