Pt roll centering

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Aug 9 18:02:08 AKDT 2004

Ed,

 the rule book (AMA that is) defines the centers on all of these rolls, and has defined them for years like this. Going back to around 2000 when this argument started coming up with vigor. You can argue till the cows come home now but the rules are the way that is correct which ever way that is....and they are below ( just some of them)

2002-2004 Comp Regs ( a free book by the way from AMA) and its online too.

page 87

triangle, 1/2's on 45's and 2/4pt roll on top...

"...Center of the 2 of 4 point roll is middle of knife edge hesitation."

page 84

Rev cuban 8 from top with 2/4pt rolls
"......Center of two(2) of four(4) point roll is middle of knife-edge hesitation."

page 80

4 of 8 pt roll from inverted
"....Center is middle of knife edge hesitation."

page 80

4pt roll

"....Center is middle of inverted flight."

The rules will help you fly better...not to mention you will not be downgrading the pilot that is doing it right as opposed to what you think is right.

TN