OS 1.60 Setup

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed Aug 4 07:37:31 AKDT 2004

Vincent,

I think I have a pretty good setup, pipe, prop, fuel at this time.
It pulls 8100rpm, 17X13 std APC, 15% Cool Power, OS "F" plug,  Karl Mueller header, AreoSlave c.f. pipe(3.5 oz proto-type).

This was just last Sunday in 95 degree heat at 675' altitude med to high humidity.
I found with this new pipe I have been trying that I had to richen up the low end and run the high
end just a click rich from peak rpm.  The braking was good and the transition is very smooth and not peaky.

My airplane weights 10lbs 4oz. and its a pretty clean aerodynamically.  This prop(17x13) may not work on
a more dragy airplane then some and I have been using the 17x12 APC std in the past with this engine.
I am sure on windy days I would have to go to the 3 blade prop or the 17x12.  A 17x10 and even the 17x12N is not
enough  prop for my setup.  Yours may vary do to the setup so don't take this as the gospel in setup.

Wayne Galligan