Webra and Judging questions

David Wartel d.wartel at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 17:51:21 AKDT 2004

Thanks, Dave. It makes sense to me now.
Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Lockhart
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:07 PM
  Subject: Re: Webra and Judging questions

  Dave,

  No pardon needed.

  Obviously enough, once the 1st radius is completed, it must be duplicated 3 times or downgrades will occur.  However, the idea is this - 3 of 4 radii (any 3) on a square loop match - the 4th (any 1) is larger or smaller.  It doesn't matter whether the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th radius is the one that does not match - the downgrade is for 1 radius being mismatched.

  A square loop at center could have 4 radii that are all different and still be a square - judge the overall shape of the maneuver - ie -
  - up and downline are equally spaced left/right of the center pole and maintain vertical track,
  - top and bottom lines maintain track with same entry/exit altitude,
  - distance between top/bottom lines is same as up/down lines.

  And while I suspect you know, in addition to the entry and exit radii needing to be equal on humpties, they are only 2 of the 3 radii in the manuever - the entry and exit radii must be equal to the top (or bottom) half loop radius.  Same goes for things like the goldfish (entry, exit, and 3/4 loop) and golfball (entry, exit, and 3/4 loop) in the F3A schedules - and those are probably 2 of the manuevers where I've seen the greatest variance in radii.

  Regards,

  Dave Lockhart
  DaveL322 at comcast.net