YS110 Props

Pattrnflyr at aol.com Pattrnflyr at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 21:02:12 AKDT 2004

I have a new YS110 that has had a surging problem since new.  We have tried
the YS idle setup and that didn't work.  You will start it and within about 20
seconds, it will surge and then load up (it appears) and die.  Cool power 25
and heli 30, OS F plug.  I can get to run long enough to get airborne and then
it will die on base or final when in the landing pattern.  But it stays lit on
stall turns and other maneuvers where it is reduced to idle.

I have been running at 6,000 MSL and using a 14X10.  Seems to be a little
light on prop.  Any prop suggestions?

Bruce