Animated Symphony plane

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 20:54:58 AKDT 2004

I have this 3-D animation that allows the user to spin and manipulate a 3D model of our new Symphony plane on their computer.  It is way cool.  Even if you don't have any interest in the plane, playing with this animation of a very cool pattern plane is fun.  However, I can't seem to get it posted on my website.
     I realize this problem is only half related to this list, but I need a suggestion from the web masters out there.  I have a Comcast hosted site and it won't allow a hyperlink to work that I created to let users download this program.  I don't know what it doesn't like or how it knows.  At first I posted the file (it has an .exe extension) and the file is on the server and the hyperlink is visible, but clicking on it does nothing.  Then I figured it didn't want .exe files downloaded (maybe a virus fear) so I renamed it .ex_, .ddd, .xxx, even .doc (which I know works for Word docs) and still no luck.  Maybe it is the hyperlink itself.  Is there a way of making a hyperlink that does not launch the underlying object, just lets you download it?  Any suggestions welcome.

--Lance