Webra SS rear bearing

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 20:51:31 AKDT 2004

I also would like to read Jerry's response.  The Bully/Webras are good
engines but the bearings are the weakest link in my opinion.  A few years
ago the 145 was my competition engine and the 120 before that.  I have owned
3 and ran them all to the point of exhaustion. I've tried the factory
bearings and other brands from Purvis bearing company (they have many
different brands in stock) and never got more than 50 flights on a steel
liner.  The newer AAC liner is better (the steel liners would rust and foul
the bearings).  I don't have good numbers on the AAC sleeved engines because
I moved to the OS140 then the Mintor 170 and have more than one reason to
stay converted.  On bearings, I have over 150 flights on the factory Mintor
bearings and they are still going strong.

--Lance