sound meter

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Apr 25 12:36:01 AKDT 2004

Calibration of the sound meters is also a very dynamic thing. It will drift
in 20-30mins sometimes. Very dependant on Temp.....We found last year that
in using some of the high end meters they would drift a couple db in what
seemed to be identical conditions.

Soooo the warning is the same as others have said its a bench mark similar
to your Tach. Because your meter was calibrated this morning, yesterday or
last year doesn't mean its still correct now. Also FAI and AMA have
different rules in how the sound is to be measured. Not only the values, but
the setup is different from the FAI and AMA classes. Read your rules to find
out how to do it.

TN