A possible answer to lousy judging "Flash cards"

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 18:36:28 AKDT 2004

I agree with some of that. But I disagree about the judges scoring shown to
everyone. I believe that would cause more arguments between pilot and judge
than it would be worth. For regular scored maneuvers not zeros.

I do like the idea of announcing what is happening during key times in a
contest, and even a little maneuver by maneuver description may be welcome. There
are ways to do that now and there are some folks who excel at that kind of
thing. Employ them, not flashcards or sign language. The caveat is WHAT
AUDIENCE?? Pattern contests don't have 'em. The color commentary guy would be talking
to himself.

If we did some marketing upfront and got the spectators, like they do in
Japan and Europe, then this just might  work. But then how would you keep the
sounds of the color commentary from affecting the judge's scores?? Nah, I don't
like it!!

Mkatt K