Interesting Motor Discovery-OS1.60

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Sat Apr 17 14:00:43 AKDT 2004

Bob,

The problem with the ring being tight in the groove occurred as well on some
of the old O.S. 60FSR's. I think O.S. sometimes works to too close a tolerance.
I like the clean machined finishes and general quality of the O.S. products.
To free up the ring you would have to get a piece of 600 paper on a flat surface
and try to sand the sides of the ring smooth and free of machine marks by applying
a gentle pressure with three fingers. If the ring is too tight you will get surging at
the  higher revs. On some strokes the ring will seal and on some strokes it will
not and it looses the compression.
Just as a matter of interest what type of fuel were you using and also did you find that the O.S. 160 has enough power on a muffler to fly the G.P. 300S ?

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com