1.40 FZ assembly question

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 03:10:59 AKDT 2004

I would replace it, mainly because the act of removing it puts a lot of pressure on the inner race only, and you may have damaged the race and/or balls in the process.

Legend5rc at aol.com wrote:
If the front bearing's rubber oil seal sustained slight damage upon the front bearing's removal, does it need to be replaced?  I knocked out the front bearing to make sure it was in good condition.  It was and I am planning on reusing it.  The oil seal did have a small piece of its inner flange knocked off by the wooden dowel I was using.  Thoughts anyone?

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com