Defensive judging to avoid retaliation. Are you guilty?

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 18:58:28 AKDT 2004

 I respectfully have to tell you that what I'm getting at with the debate is that we all know what we should be doing. Too many don't practice what they preach. Nice guys and good intentions don't fix the problem. It's nearly impossible to be a totally unbiased judge. Look at the Olympics. Their the best judges in the world and they get tremendous criticism. Judging will always be flawed we can't fix it. We can debate it and look for better ways.
 I'm honest enough here to admit I'm flawed I've seen very few admit they too are flawed too when I'm sure you suffer from making decisions that are less than perfect.
 If we could agree on this we could work together to find answers. It's like an alcoholic. You can't help one that doesn't think he's addicted.
                     Still looking for an answer here. Mike