Defensive judging to avoid retaliation. Are you guilty?

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Apr 14 16:13:32 AKDT 2004

True:  I was CD at an IMAC contest near here, and was watching a
friend's flight.  After he got his scores, he came over and showed me
that one judge had given him an 8 on a square loop.  The other judge had
given him a 4.  He said "how can that be?"  indignantly.  I told him
"you're lucky that I wasn't judging; you'd have both 4's for that
maneuver."  He went away with a thoughtful look on his face.  We're
still friends, BTW.

Bukk Gkaze