Snaps

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 07:34:34 AKDT 2004

In a message dated 4/14/2004 8:33:41 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
knowhow3 at bellsouth.net writes:
Is there any way to record a contest flight on video at a contest (I'm
thinking the BIG contests here), and then have what amounts to an "instant replay"
to review any such disputed maneuvers that scored a zero? Perhaps there is a
rule (I don't recall specifically) disallowing a score change after the fact
but, If nothing else, the pilot can watch his maneuver, have it analyzed frame by
frame by several experts, and assess where his mistake was, in order to
improve his technique.
 There is or at least used to be a statement that the judge's can use no
aid's which would be a distinct advantage to the judge, as the pilot cannot hold
up a finger to mark centers, or an angle to see if a line is 45 degree's, or
say a circle to see if a loop is round, I'll keep reading and repost after I
find it, or if someone maybe knows it by heart.

Steve Maxwell