*SPAM* Re: Re: Throw snap rolls out!!!!!!

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 20:08:06 AKDT 2004

Right on.  You beat me to it (hazard of catching up at night on these
emails).  Too many judges don't want to use the range for all the
infractions they see.  It stinks to be in a contest where a great manuver
gets a 9 and a stinker gets an 8 or 7.5.  Whomever wins the first round,
wins the contest.  This extends beyond inexperienced judges, since an
"accurate" judge giving a low score will always look bad against a 8 judge.
   The only way to address this is to assess judge performance on a manuver
basis and not a round.  A judges score compared to other scores in the same
manuver is more telling than the judges total compared to the other judge
totals and round pilot placement.  If they did this, then those 8 judges
would have a higher deviation from the norm, even though their totals
average out (as is rewarded in the current system).
--Lance