Snap Switch

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Tue Apr 13 09:32:54 AKDT 2004

Okay someone please explain this........

A "proper" snap will change the aircraft's "heading/line".     If the
aircraft's line is off 15 degrees it is a 1 point downgrade.  These two
things do not mesh. It means there is no such thing as a 10 snap, unless
the heading change is less than 7.5 degrees for a 1/2 point down grade?
If it is impossible to score a 10, then maybe the wording needs to change
to allow for a heading/line  change.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering