Snap Switch

Poole, Mark mpoole at harris.com
Tue Apr 13 09:19:55 AKDT 2004

This is exactly what was taught in the IMAC judging school I attended last year,
conducted by Fred Johnson, who was the chief judge at the TOC and also is an IAC
judge.   A properly executed snap will displace the aircraft from it's original
line.

Mark

Ed Deaver wrote:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but Isn't there a thing with snaps called
Displacement, meaning as a break occurs to initiate the snap, a slight change in
aircraft position, will occur.  If this slight change in lateral movement
doesn't take place than it can be argued it wasn't a snap.  Some may say heading
changed but I'm thinking that the heading and angle stay the same, just the
entire event shifts or displaces the plane laterally. What say the pilots in the
know?? ed

BUDDYonRC at aol.com wrote:

Wayne
Yes, the heading change is a downgrade-1 point per 15 degrees off heading, A
barrel roll is not a snap and earns a 0.
Buddy