Trimming for CG

Del K. Rykert drykert at localnet.com
Tue Apr 13 02:51:19 AKDT 2004

Jerry.
    To some degree it is a pilots preference for just how neutral they want to trim their plane. For me I like nose to drop just slightly when in a 45º bank and engine at fast idle. Not full power. You only need slight up elevator to initiate a turn when landing and she almost turns on final with little input. That is just the bonus. I still check my inverted flight for how much down at full power and how well it stall turns. CG is a compromise and that is what works for me. Pattern fliers often fly less nose heavy than many sport fliers for example. At least at the clubs I belong to.

                         del
               NSRCA - 473