Snap Switch

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 06:38:02 AKDT 2004

 Yes, snap switches can be deadly I got back in pattern in 2000 and my second
plane was a Tai-Jai with retracts I had setup the snap switch, after only
having maybe 10 flights on the plane I was on final and reached for the retract
switch, and by now you know where this is going, yes hit the snap switch,
luckily for me it done one perfect snap and I landed, needless to say my heart was
racing, the funny thing is everyone thought I was a really impressive and bold
pilot, as soon as I hit the kill switch, the next thing I done was inhibit
the snap switch and have never used it again, something I do like to do is use
the snap switch to set just elevators or ailerons to check rolls or loops that
way I know I'm not holding another input in and that the plane is flying
right.but as soon as test are done it goes right back to inhibit.

Steve Maxwell