Engine Starter

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Wed Apr 7 16:55:11 AKDT 2004

Here is the procedure I use to start inverted 2 strokes:
First time of the day:
Remove glow plug. Turn engine over with starter (glow plug removed)
about 10 -12 revs with throttle 1/3 open. This will blow out all the oil
accumulated in the head and around the plug and prime all lines.
While you have the plug out check it for proper glow. Install glow plug
and close throttle to high idle position. Attach glow driver and grab prop.
Turn it through compression and feel if it will kick. When it does, grab
spinner and flip backwards against compression and if everything is as
it should be, the engine will start. Consecutive starts will be done by
flipping the prop through compression or using a starter. No chance for
hydraulic locks that could bend the conrod.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com