YS 140L question

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 18:39:42 AKDT 2004

I have noticed the same thing on two different FZ motors. They also run fine, show no sign of leaking fuel and the tank holds pressure. My guess is the silicone fuel valve seals tight against pressure, but can be lifted from it's seat by the vacuum present only when defueling. Might be a sign the silicone fuel valve is wearing, but it does not seem to effect the engine when it is running. There are only couple of ways air could get into the line. Leaking regulator gasket or a leaking or loose nipple washer are two ways, but those would also allow tank pressure to bleed out. Barring either of those, the only other place air can enter is through the needle valve opening in the carb. Try closing the needle valve and see if you still get bubbles. I'll pay more attention to it this season and see if I can come up with the definitive answer.

Chuck Czarnik <CCzarnik at arclp.com> wrote:
Ok, for the YS Gurus out there..

I have a 140L, runs good.  Fuel system has no leaks.  However, when I defuel, the pump sucks air bubbles in the fuel.  If I pinch the fuel line at the regulator, the pump primes and no more bubbles.  Regulator has a new diaphragm in it.  Engine doesn’t appear to leak fuel anywhere when running.  Something to worry about?  What should I check?  Thanks in advance!  Chuck

-----------------------------NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail message is either attorney privileged and/or confidential information intendedonly for the use of the individual or agent responsible to deliverit to the intended recipient; or, alternately, proprietary information(trade secret).  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or unauthorized use of the information herein contained, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your computer and notify the sender of your receipt of this message.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com