Engine Starter

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 17:06:21 AKDT 2004

 I always fast charge at a 3 amp-hour rate using a Hitec 335 charger. I'm using a Kavan on 10 cells. I starts all the YS's up to a 140DZ with ease. The cells are older red-jacketed Mexican made fast charge sub-C size, now 6 years old and still holding up well. I soldered the pack and used 14ga solid copper wire hammered flat to connect the cells together. Not sure of the capacity but it is around 1500mAH.

John Crozier <sjcrozier at comcast.net> wrote:
What are you guys using to charge your pack?
I have the same Kavan/12 cells and use a Cermark-76 wall charger Steve
Maxwell donated to the cause.
It charges 12v @ 125ma.
I give it 10-15 hours and it's good for 15-20 starts.
Before going to the field I check it with a volt meter that reads 12 volts.
If it's suspect, I put it on my quickcharger to get through the day.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com