NSRCA Formal Announcement

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Wed Sep 24 18:52:54 AKDT 2003

Buddy
It was Tony that said each district is different,therefore need different
operating rules.
Points are points earned I would think,and need to be counted.
I'm not saying this guy was legal doing this the way he did.There was no
rule to say he couldn't do it this way. My point was, he was good enough to
win,he paid his money and took  home the wood. He didn't steal it from
anyone. The name of this game is participation and if he flew all year in
contests,he was a participant.He paid his entry fees and bought his lunches
on site,filling the local clubs pockets.This is what it's all about.
I still say it wouldn't have mattered whether he paid in January or
September he would have won either way. He got away with it because it was
not illegal to do it this way. I am sure now there will be some guidelines
set to keep this from happening again.

Jim Ivey

jivey61 at msn.com

>From: BUDDYonRC at aol.com
>To: discussion at nsrca.org
>Subject: Re: NSRCA Formal Announcement
>Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:23:32 EDT
>
>Jim
>Also what about points you get for beating a person who is not an NSRCA
>member, Should they be counted?
>Should all contest's weather in your district or not be used?
>Some people fly in more out of district contest's than in district
>contest's
>simply because of geographic location, they may be a better flyer than
>their
>own district champ but because of their home location will never be
>district
>champion simply because of distance required to travel to contest's in
>their own
>district.
>In district 6 it is closer to the Nat's in Muncie than to many of our
>district event's from where I reside and that is 1100 miles.
>It really doesn't matter I know how good or bad I fly and in the end the
>only
>thing that matters is the sense of accomplishment that I get when I really
>fly well win or lose
>Buddy

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month
(depending on the local service providers in your area).
https://broadband.msn.com

# discussion-request at nsrca.org