Shaking Up Fuel Bottles?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Sep 21 17:43:50 AKDT 2003

John Ferrell wrote:

> The guy that mixes fuel down at Red Max said it might make me feel
> better. He also said that if I could separate the ingredients without
> distilling them to let him know & we could both get rich!

This reminds me of a guy I know who insisted that you had to shake a
fuel jug before using the fuel, because it would separate.  I took an
empty clear quart bottle, poured it full of fuel, put it on a shelf and
left it.  Periodically I'd tell him to look at the bottle. That bottle
sat on the shelf for years and never separated.  The truth is that
nitromethane, methanol and synthetic oil go into solution and cannot be
separated. However, if it makes some people feel better if they shake
the fuel jug, let them shake it.

Ron Van Putte