Shaking Up Fuel Bottles?

Don Livermore dlivermore at mchsi.com
Sun Sep 21 17:41:05 AKDT 2003

It was Wildcat Pro Mix 25% nitor with synthetic castor blend for rc cars. I had just used up a gallon of the same thing and bought another gallon at the same hobby store that the oringinal was purchased at and had the problem with a few hours. It acted like there was a leak in the fuel system. Since it was a new gallon of fuel I disregarded the chance that the fuel was bad but after checking the fuel system and changing engines and then changing the complete fuel system too and still having the problem I went to a different fuel bottle and all was well. So, a new gallon of fuel that was not very old at the hobby store was bad but other gallon jugs delivered at the same time were fine. Just had never heard of shaking it up..
Another question.....Are there any drawbacks to shaking it up?  Thanks,,,Don.............