Alliance Electric ARF

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 18:14:31 AKDT 2003

The prop I am using with the brushless setup is an APC 7X5 Electric prop.

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:I have flown this plane with three different motors, the stock Speed 480, a Race Speed 480, and finally an Aveox 2613 2 wind with Castle Creations Pheonix 25 controller. All the above were with the MPJet 3:1 gear drive, and 8 cell 1300 1/2 sub-C NiCads. The stock motor would hardly do a loop from level flight, the hot 480 was pretty good but the flight times were poor. The Aveox is the best, good power and good flight time.

While the plane does perform well and was fun to fly, it is no substitute for the real thing. It is light (mine was 27 ounces with battery) and small and flies like a light, small plane. I could get through the Advanced sequence but any rolling manuvers on uplines are energy eaters.

I am now building my second Alliance, the first was lost to a bad solder joint in a battery pack. I recommend you install the elevator and rudder servos in back to give more lattitude in CG position. My first one was stock and the CG was too far forward with the battery pack as far back as it could go.

I think this would be a hot setup with some Li Poly cells, or maybe some of the 1100mAH NiMH cells.

I'll check to see what prop I was using with the Aveox setup when I get home tonight.

ronlock at comcast.net wrote:
I'd appreicate comments on the Alliance electric ARF.
Is it stable and "pattern like" enough to help maintain
proficiency with the Masters schedule through te winter?
Any power package recommendations? Or maybe it's just
too small?

Thanks, Ron Lockhart
# discussion-request at nsrca.org

Bob Kane