What type of Teflon for headers?

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 08:11:53 AKDT 2003

  I have found that if you are having problems with the white Teflon that it
is almost always caused by over heat which softens the Teflon and it either is
blown off of the header or pipe or splits longways. Look at your engine temp.
head temp should be about 250 deg.F
if it is much above that something is causing an overheating problem which
will eventually lead to Teflon failure first and possibly engine failure later
if not corrected.
All this is referenced to YS-140 four strokes I don't know about two strokes.
Buddy