Alliance Electric ARF

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Sep 15 13:13:23 AKDT 2003

Guys,

The Alliance Ron is referring to is a about a 40" wingspan electric model.
It is not a competition level model. Its a park flyer.

I have seen one fly and it was not the best of performance. Here is the
thing the guy decided it needed really good precision servos in it cause it
was a pattern model...so it weighs 3X what it should and was a pig.

I have a GWS Formosa that I just got...going to try and make it a fun little
pattern model...The issue is weight and $$$ so I'm going to stick the
lightest and cheapest setup that will make it perform like I want it
too.....I will let you guys know what I find out.

The model its self looks pretty good....all foam similar tot he Alliance CP
and I'm going to get it working here and will report.....
I expect it to do 4 pts and typical pattern type stuff. And the from the
looks of it....should not be an issue...mo-jo will be another issue....and
from my conversations with a couple guys it has good power as long as its
not too heavy...They call it a flying weight of around 14oz

Troy