Alliance Electric ARF

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Mon Sep 15 12:50:59 AKDT 2003

I spent a little time at the NEAT Fair in NY on Sunday. No doubt sometime in
the future we all will be using electrons for fuel. Right now the startup
costs for a 2 meter plane are very high and only the very latest kits with
composite structure will be light enough to be converted to electric and
stay under 11 pounds. The sweet smell of nitro in the morning will be with
us a bit longer. Jason proved it could be done on a world class level but
this step forward in technology ( and costs ) will take a bit longer to take
root.
Ed M.