Firewall for Hyde Mount

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Sep 7 20:36:52 AKDT 2003

Nope!

Been there and tried that with the ARI mount.....need a min of about 1/4"
Aircraft grade ply for the ARI mount....1/4" CF end Grain will hold it in
place but the firewall will flex and change the thrust ine in pulls and
pushes. Over time it will start to flex more and more. I found out....and
replaced the mount with a nose ring in the fuse style....on that model
anyway.

This is enough structurally to hold the mount...but no where near stiff
enough to keep things lined up properly.

TN

>From: "Reeves" <reeves at mtaonline.net>
>To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
>Subject: Firewall for Hyde Mount
>Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 01:46:23 -0800
>
>Hi, I plan to install a Hyde ARI (A) mount in a new Synergy I am building.
>This is the mount with the nose ring incorporated on an aluminum yoke. I
>was going to use carbon fiber end grain balsa composite 1/4" thick for the
>firewall material. Is this material stiff enough? Anyone else using this
>setup with success? Thanks, Reeves in Alaska.

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon

# discussion-request at nsrca.org