Pattern wing design

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Fri Sep 5 06:56:23 AKDT 2003

Why is the big rush to change the wing on these designs.....?

Why not take the proven airframe build it and fly the living heck out of it.
My personal opinion is the Prophecy wing will be too big area wise for a 90
sized bird. You need something in the 800-900sq-in range....The Prophecy is
up around 980 -1000...This is the same wing that is on the Focus, Hydeout,
PHD, Temptation, and so on....Its a 2M 10lb to 10.5lb  bird platform not a
8-9lb platform....

The Bridi designs have good wings on them use it. You are not going to gain
anything. In this situation a successful conversion would mean that you
didn't screw up an already good flying model.

Just my advice. Worth what you paid for it

Troy Newman