Jekyll CG

David Gundling DGundling at compuserve.com
Thu Sep 4 14:02:30 AKDT 2003

Message text written by INTERNET:discussion at nsrca.org
>David, which one?
Jerry
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Gundling" <DGundling at compuserve.com>
To: "NSRCA Discussion" <discussion at nsrca.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:30 PM
Subject: Jekyll CG

Picked up a Jekyll at a swap meet for a knock around practice ship.
Can anyone tell me where the recommended CG position was located?

Thanks.

Dave<

Jerry,

I am slow getting back as I had a vacation in the middle of the time and am
slow getting to the airplane.

I can't tell you which version of the Jekyll it is. I can tell you that it
has a one piece wing with about 67 inch span, a 14 inch root chord and a
8.25 inch tip chord. I get about 750 sq in of wing area. I received some
info that the CG goes on the leading edge of the wing tube but without a
wing tube or the chord position of the leading edge of the wing tube, I am
still lookong. Can you offer any guidance? If I work with about 35% of the
MAC I end up tail heavy. Since the guy I bought it from flew it with a YS
120 it may be OK. I am just looking for some confirmation that a to me
relatively way back CG is correct for a Jekyll.

Thanks for any info.

Dave
# discussion-request at nsrca.org