Need Info. on a Plane called "SOLUTION"

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Fri Oct 31 17:11:27 AKST 2003

Stan,

The plane you have is an RNA Solution and it was briefly produced by
Rick Schramik (sp?) in the bay area (Los Gatos?) in the early to mid
90's.  It was an ARF based on the Typhoon 1000 and was flown for a
brief period of time by Tony Frackowiak.  IIRC Rick was an R/C
sailplane guy of some merit who saw an opportunity to produce a RTF
competition pattern plane for around $1000 using some of the
techniques in use by the European soaring community at the time.
Interestingly the RNA Solution was probably the predecessor to the
Angel's Shadow type of construction now commonly available (but
without being "painted in the mold"; the Solution was an all white
base color).  The Solution ailerons and elevators were top-hinged
using the upper wing/stab skins.  While not a "bad" airplane, the
Solution never really made much of a dent in the market (I seem to
remember that Frack said it flew OK, but it may have been a bit heavy
for the motors of the time).

I believe Rick later started making prefab Madera class unlimited
Lancair racers using the same fabrication techniques with some
success for ~$10k each.

Some of the long(er) time pattern guys in NorCal may be able to help
(or even know how to get ahold of Rick).

Good luck,

Jerry

--
Jerry Budd