Pattern & IMAC 2003 Nationals articles in AMA Mag.

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 12:12:26 AKST 2003

In a message dated 10/29/2003 1:24:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, vanputte at cox.net writes:

> The AMA "rents" the facility to AMA members so they can stop by the facility, visit the museum and fly an airplane on one of the sites.  The Nats are held during the prime flying season (past Nats attenders may argue that statement, based on bad weather), so the time for ordinary AMA members use the facility is reduced.  If they make the total duration of the
> Nats shorter, more AMA members can use the facility.
>
> Ron Van Putte

I would have to go back to my old notes, but I believe one of the primary reasons for the National AMA site was to have a permanent home for the Nats and not have to 'beg' Naval facilities or other large sites to use them for a week.  Now, if the AMA is saying it may cut into revenues gained from renting it seems like a shift in stated purpose.  I was part of the team (at the request of Travis McGinnis) that toured the Muncie site prior to purchase and it was stated multiple times this site would alleviate all the space and time problems for the annual Nats gathering.

Don Atwood
# discussion-request at nsrca.org