Pattern & IMAC 2003 Nationals articles in AMA Mag.

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed Oct 29 11:43:03 AKST 2003

Wow ! If the AMA wants the facility available more to regular members then
that is a very lame excuse. The national flying site was built for the
NATS, not just in case someone is traveling thru the cornfields of
Indiana....with an airplane....I do believe Steve Maxwell(lives  nearby)
told me that people rarely fly there anyway...so if that was an official
excuse  to shorten the NATS, then it is just plain lame. The average AMA
member could get more flying time by staying home.  This just seems so
incredible if it is true....the world's largest site dedicated to RC JUST
IN CASE you are in Indiana with a plane......Imagine if the AMA held no
competition and did not need the flying site, only an admin blgd, how much
better off financially the AMA would be.
If this is true we should fire every AMA executive we know and replace
them with Dilbert managers...we would be much better off....

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net>