Schedules Old Geezer's

spbyrum spbyrum at hiwaay.net
Tue Oct 28 13:52:06 AKST 2003

At what age does one become a Geezer?

We've mentioned modifying the scoring program to allow the Geezers to
also compete for regular award, but no one has said HOW to modify it.
The only things I can think of are either an extra class or duplicate
pilots within each class.  Either way involves extra work for the
scorer.  An extra class with only center maneuvers may be the best
option as it would isolate the Geezer scores.

We did the reverse of this concept in our Spring SPA contest.  We
tabulated overall classes by entering each pilot's score in his regular
class, then again in the overall class.  All understood that it was an
experiment and that for SPA it would not be possible for all pilots to
fly in front of the same judges each round.  Even taking that into
account, we had pilots fly rounds on Sunday they would not ordinarily
have flown because the needed the score for the overall.  It added an
element of fun not present before.

If no one has proved the Geezer experiment a failure by my turn next
summer, we'll have Geezer Award for the Fourth of July.