Another bearing question....sound

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 16:08:29 AKDT 2003

 Hey Ron another reason you may want to slow down is if someone else hears your balls clicking. I know that it works for me. Mike

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:

Henderson,Eric wrote:

You can also hear the bearing when you rock the prop.

That is true if you can still hear sounds like the balls in our bearings clicking together. Those of us who are acoustically challenged will have to ask a younger friend to listen to the balls clicking together.  A couple of years ago I was running a marathon while wearing a heart monitor.  I had set an alarm to warn me when my heart rate exceeded 155 beats per minute.  The problem was that I couldn't hear the alarm.  My fellow marathoners kept telling me that my heart rate alarm was sounding. It was disconcerting to have a guy/gal running next to me say, "Your heart monitor is telling you to slow down."

Sorry about straying from the subject.

Ron Van Putte

What are the first signs of bearing problems. Since starting

Intermediate

practice in July, I have just got into flying the same airplane/engineregularly enough to wear on an engine and tell the difference inperformance.  I have 97 flights on a Zen/Webra 145AAR combination. I useCool Power 15% and after run oil religiously.  I have a  tach which

varies

so much with light emissions that I deem it as unreliable.  So what do

you

look for?Thanks, Chris

# discussion-request at nsrca.org# and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.#

===================================# To be removed from this list, send a message to # discussion-request at nsrca.org# and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.#