Another bearing question....sound

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Oct 22 14:08:57 AKDT 2003

Henderson,Eric wrote:

>You can also hear the bearing when you rock the prop.

That is true if you can still hear sounds like the balls in our bearings
clicking together. Those of us who are acoustically challenged will have
to ask a younger friend to listen to the balls clicking together.  A
couple of years ago I was running a marathon while wearing a heart
monitor.  I had set an alarm to warn me when my heart rate exceeded 155
beats per minute.  The problem was that I couldn't hear the alarm.  My
fellow marathoners kept telling me that my heart rate alarm was
sounding. It was disconcerting to have a guy/gal running next to me say,
"Your heart monitor is telling you to slow down."

Sorry about straying from the subject.

Ron Van Putte