Paint?

AWorrest at aol.com AWorrest at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 08:04:05 AKDT 2003

Just finished painting a plane with Formual U.  Probably will not use it
again as the paint has gone out of production.  Was told this by Tower and the
manufacturer, Midwest.  It is mighty hard to get the colors you want.  Make sure
you have some extra for repairs before starting.  When I initially used the
paint from out of the can, many years ago, it took forever to cure.  I later
found it would cure faster if thinned.  Recently I borrowed a can from a buddy.
It cured well without thinning.  Maybe the formulation was changed.  Never had
any problem with the paint from spray cans except for it clogging up inside
the can if the paint is old.  Formula U does take a while to cure.  Read the
instructions and then add a couple extra days more.

Allan Worrest