Temptation or Focus 2

RC Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Fri Oct 17 21:12:58 AKDT 2003

Depends on the person and their situation.

If you don't have a lot of time, or don't love detailed building, or don't
have serious craft skills (that's me) then the Focus 2 will get you flying a
serious 2 meter pattern time quickly. The fact that more national winners
use a Focus is testimate to their capabilities, even if they are a standard
balsa and monokote-based ARF/ARC.

Temptations take far more building skills-- they aren't an ARF or ARC. If
you are eager to work on exotic composite airframes, design your own
carbon-fiber firewall and build a paint booth to spray fancy PPG, the
Temptation is a great choice. Might get a 1/2 pound lighter airframe from
the deal.

Which flies better?? I've only flown the Focus, and don't have skills to
decern anyway.