Decline of pattern / Translation

Larry Diamond jed241 at msn.com
Fri Oct 17 13:34:30 AKDT 2003

I believe there is a balance in the wings...

Most contest I've been to (about 10 now) had around 20 or less. Right at
about 20 pilots, it get to be more challenging than realistic to get 6
rounds completed in one day.

The other concern is the weather and field layout. Both effect the actual
time available at the contest.

Since, you can't plan on the weather, we can be prepared to make it a one
day affair if that's what the majority wants and the situation allows.
However, many travel and already pay for the rooms in advance through
Sunday.

The issue of one day contest is a good debate, but after some thought...

There is a reason we have two day contests. This is to insure that we
complete the 4 rounds required for a contest to count. 3 contest this year
could not have been completed in 1 day. One due to weather, one due to the
field layout in relation to the sun, and the other due to having 40 pilots
attend the contest. The CD's did good to get 5 or six rounds in under those
conditions.

Larry