ZN Line Alliance - follow up

Xavier Mouraux xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 16 18:45:21 AKDT 2003

Thanks to the guys who answered my query about the Alliance on and off line. After some thinking, I decided to take the plane since the price was very good and it looked so nice. I was not taking a big risk.

I only had 7 flights for now. It is a bit under 10lbs but it may go down when I remove the extra 6oz tank and the weight in the front. For now, the CG is per the instructions as well as the throws.

The plane handles very well. It needed very little down elevator mix for knife edge. It need a touch of rudder to hold knife edge at medium-high speed. At full power and about 25 deg of rudder, it will knife edge loop nicely. The first flight was on a very calm day. The next 3 were on a very windy day (25-30 mph) and the other 3 on a light windy day (5-10 mph). It didn't affect the plane much.

Rolls could be very slow with little rudder or elevator inputs. I suppose that moving the CG a little aft could make it even better. I will try that later. Snap look nice in level flight, upline or downline. The engine is still running rich as it had only a tank or two on the ground before the first flight but seems to pull the plane very well. I haven't done a complete sequence yet but it should happen this weekend.

The plane came with a APC 15 1/2 x 13N. Is that a good prop for the plane-engine-P05 combo ?

I guess the appropriate comment will be : It's a keeper :-)

Xavier

A few specs:
ZN Line Alliance kevlar-carbon fuselage with fixed gear - YS140L - Durallite and regulator - JR D8231 with aluminium arms for control surfaces - pull-pull on rudder - MK bellcrank on elevator - bearing clevis on controls, etc. You could see pictures at http://xavier.mouraux.com/alliance.html