NIMH TX pack

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 16:39:03 AKDT 2003

Derek,

On Earl Haury's suggestion I bought my first NiMH airborne pack from Radical
RC in Georgia, about 2 seasons ago. The fellow who runs Radical appears to
really know his stuff. He is the real deal. He has written a pretty good article
(on his website)
, regarding the care and feeding of NiMH bats, that is worthwhile reading.

The key thing he talks about is setting the battery capacity when the battery
is new, uncharged. He stresses to charge the battery at the 0.1C rate the
first couple times. Thern fast charging isn't a problem and is actually
recommended

Earlier this year I also bought the TX bat
 to go with the airborne. I followed that expert's advice to the letter and
have been very happy with the results, (some 70 chrge cycles later on the
airborne)

About the only thing I do now is place the bats on charge on the SIRIUS
Charger, on the way to the field, and by the time I get there, they are charged
(1000 ma charge rate)

Matt K