NIMH TX pack

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Thu Oct 9 16:28:00 AKDT 2003

In my experience there really isn't any issue with charging small sized NiMh batteries with a high amperage as long as the capacity of the battery is high (and of course the peak detection has been set for NiMh).

Charging at C=1 is very safe and should only get the battery slightly warm. Therefore, if you have a 1650 mah pack you could safely charge at 1.65 amps.

On my 1750 mah NiMh Zagi packs I always charge them at C=2, but for my pattern planes I want to be a bit more conservative. Also, when charging electric plane batteries the pack is normally out of the plane so if they heat up they won't damage the plane.

Keith