How to know which pipe to use.

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Oct 8 12:32:50 AKDT 2003

Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:

>  I got a 7.5cc Macs quiet pipe for my 140FZ, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to use.
>
>  How can it be determined what would be a good pipe to use with a 4c engine?
>
>  7.5cc seem awfully small, but in an earlier post I saw someone using a 3.5cc pipe!!!! Was this a typo?
>
>  I don't want to ruin my engine or my plane, and thought to ask before trying it.

I've been using 6.5 and 7.5 cc Macs Quiet pipes on YS 1.20s and 1.40s
for years.  On my 11 lb Advantage I have a 7.5 cc Macs Quiet pipe on a
YS 1.40L and it has almost unlimited vertical on Cool Power 25% Pro
Pattern fuel.  Some people say you should use bigger pipes and that may
be fine for them, but I don't and have all the power I need.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org