direct orders

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed Oct 1 13:10:03 AKDT 2003

Tom

I have nothing to add but sympathy. We have had a couple of our planes
crushed in shipment. We are always amazed that the great shipping idiots
just do not really care (I think one plane had tire tracks on it). To
protect a plane from what "could" happen in transit would add huge costs
in shipping, BUT I think I saw the ultimate low cost answer on a package
shipped to me yesterday. On a 100 yd roll of nylon bagging film
(practically indestructable) a label was placed on the box that read " DO
NOT CRUSH" and the box was not crushed, proving that labels have merit. So
we at Aeroslave have that label in 6 languages being printed up right
now-our problems are solved. I am passing this on to the rest of the
industry for free to protect fellow pattern dudes.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering