WHAT IS A GOOD DECIBEL LEVEL FOR A GIANT PLANE

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Fri Nov 28 18:56:25 AKST 2003

Mike,
IMAC is 96db at 25ft over grass and 98 over a hard surface.  They (IMAC) were supposed to drop down 2db in 03 and then possibly 2 more db in 04.  You can read all about the IMAC Sound Task Force here.  http://www.mini-iac.com/pages/SoundTaskForce/stf.asp  I think they are still holding at the 2002 sound levels but I'm not positive.  We have a couple of guys with 40% at my club.  One has quite canisters and an Air Models 3 blade prop.  That plane is extremely quite in the air.  The other has stock mufflers and a 2 blade.  With him cutting down the throttle down with ATV he meets the sound level but it is defiantly loud on the ground and in the air.

Michael Laggis