Bigger Issues

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Nov 20 07:36:55 AKST 2003

Well this past years D2 Champs was not in the TS window for the next go
around. My guess is that the Committee will derive a new plan of attack for
the 2005 worlds team and then get us (the Pilots and NSRCA) the rules for
the next go around. I know that the rules are subject to change on this side
of the house....But my point was that leaving the AMA out to dry for events
sets a poor precedent.

I understand that if the sanction is applied for and the problem with AMA
messed it up....Then I think things can be worked out. BUT If we as NSRCA
member start running contests and deliberately leaving the AMA out of the
loop it might make things even harder on us in the future.

I don't like the AMA any more that you guys do. I find it totally pathetic
the way they treat the Competition flyer. The lack of support from the AMA
for the competition side of things is what gets me. AMA has become a red
tape monster. And I think that anything through them is going to be not as
fast, and not as responsive as we would like. On the other hand I don't take
the Jefferson Davis approach!

My opinions....

TN