Bigger Issues

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Nov 20 06:39:42 AKST 2003

I think that "Active" is a major key-word to all of this. In the demographics of the NSRCA survey we ask questions like, how many planes you have and how many contests to you attend etc.  It was very clear that survey respondents were VERY active pattern pilots.

I recognized almost all of the names from this list, from the nationals or from my travels. I concluded that this was a pretty solid representation of the "voice of pattern".

DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

Number of pattern planes you currently have: 			2.5

Number of radios you use for pattern): 				1.5

Number of pattern engines you own: 					3.3

Number of contests you attend each year: 				5.3

Average number of one way miles driven to contests: 		180

Number of years you have flown pattern (including 1999): 	9.6

How many years have you been an NSRCA member? 			6.7

Are you an AMA Contest Director? 				81 Yes, 101 No

Do you attend the AMA Nationals? 				78 Yes. 104 No

Which class do you fly:
401	23
402	37
403	39
404	60
406	18

When we send in a rule rules proposal change this the caliber of experience and investment of the active base that voted for the proposed change.

Regards,

Eric.